Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Affogato

Yes this is not Japanese, however Italian food is rather popular here and I have always intended to try a Affogato and finally did while at a fancy coffee shop in Suma. An affogato, literally meaning "drowned" in Italian, is a coffee-based beverage or dessert. It usually takes the form of a scoop of vanilla gelato or ice cream topped with a shot of hot espresso. If you like gelato and good rich espresso you really cannot go wrong here. I mixed mine to form a slush like consistency and the taste was very nice, how I always wanted coffee ice cream to taste; rich, slightly bitter, not too sweet, and smooth. Now that I have finally tried this simple but marvellous concoction I have to make up for last time by ordering it as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment